Randolph County, Alabama
Genealogy, History & Facts
Randolph County, Alabama Facts
When was Randolph County, AL Created?
Randolph County was created on 18 Dec. 1832, from former Creek Indian territory by the Creek Cession of 1832.
What counties are adjacent to Randolph County, AL?
Bordering Counties are Cleburne County, Carroll County, Georgia, Heard County, Georgia, Troup County, Georgia, Chambers County, Tallapoosa County, Clay County.
Randolph County, AL Vital Records
Where can find Randolph County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Randolph County vital records can be found at the Alabama Department of Public Health which has Birth And Death Records from 1908, Marriages from 1936 and Divorce Records from 1950. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Alabama for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Randolph County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Certificates to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the Randolph County Health Department has Birth Records from 1886, Death records from 1886.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Alabama, Birth Records and Christenings, 1881-1930
- USGenweb Archives Alabama Marriage Project
- Alabama, County Marriage Records, 1809-1950
- Alabama, Death Records and Burials, 1881-1952
- Alabama, Death Records, 1908-1974
- Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957
- Alabama Marriage Records, 1800-1969 Database
- Alabama Marriage Records to 1825
- Alabama Death Records, 1908-59
Randolph County, AL Census Records
What Randolph County, AL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Randolph County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Randolph Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Randolph Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Randolph Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Randolph Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890.
There are Alabama State censuses from 1820-1866. Also two Alabama Census of Confederate Soldiers for 1907 and 1921. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Alabama Census Records Research Guide
Randolph County, AL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Randolph County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Randolph County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Alabama courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Alabama residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Randolph County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Alabama Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Randolph County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Address: P.O. Box 249, Wedowee, AL 36278
- Phone: (256) 357-4933
- Court Records: 1897
- Divorce Records:
- Randolph County Clerk of Probate Court
- Address: P.O. Box 328, Wedowee, AL 36278-0328
- Phone: (256) 357-4933
- Marriage Records: 1897 (Marriages issued prior to 1936)
- Probate Records: 1897
- Land Records: 1897
- Alabama, Homestead and Cash Entry Patents, Pre-1908
- Index to Alabama Wills, 1808-1870
- Alabama, Convict Records, 1886-1952
- Alabama, Voter Registration Records, 1867
- Randolph County USGenWeb Archives Project
- BLM Land Records
Randolph County, AL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Randolph County, AL?
A list of Randolph County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Alabama Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Annie L Awbrey Public Library, 263 College Street, Roanoke AL 36274
- Anniston-Calhoun County Public Library
- AlaBenton Genealogical Society , c/o The Alabama Room, Box 308, Anniston, AL 36202, Publication: AlaBenton Genealogical Quarterly
- Northeast Alabama Genealogical Society, Box 8268 , Gadsden, AL 35902; Publication: Northeast Alabama Settlers
- ALRANDOL. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Randolph County, Alabama. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- RAN-CLAY. A mailing list for anyone who has an interest in genealogy related to Randolph County and Clay County in east-central Alabama as well as Autauga County, Bullock County, Calhoun County, Chambers County, Cherokee County, Chilton County, Cleburne County, Coosa County, Elmore County, Etowah County, Lee County, Macon County, Montgomery County, Russell County, St.Clair County, Shelby County, Talladega County and Tallapoosa County, all of which are on or near the Georgia border. Additional information can be found on the East-Central Alabama Researchers web page. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- Alabama Genealogical Society, c/o Samford University Library, AGS Depository and Headquarters, 800 Lakeshore Drive, P.O. Box 2296, Birmingham, AL 35229-0001
- Alabama Department of Archives & History, 624 Washington Avenue, Montgomery, Alabama 36130-0100; Phone: (334) 242-4435
Where can I connect with other Randolph County, AL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Alabama Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Alabama State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Randolph County, Alabama Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Randolph County
- Randolph County, Alabama Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Randolph County, AL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Randolph County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is just a list that has been compiled or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.