TOP FREE ANCESTRY DATABASES
Saline County, Arkansas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Saline County, Arkansas Facts
Saline County, AR Vital Records
Where can find Saline County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Saline County vital records can be found at the Arkansas Deptartment of Health has Birth & Death records since February 1, 1914, Marriage Records since January 1917 and Divorce Records since January 1923. You may go to the Saline County health department to obtain a Birth or Death certificates which can be issued while you wait. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Arkansas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Saline County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for copies of Saline Co. Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Divorce Certificates, Death Certificates to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Arkansas Marriage Project
- Arkansas Births and Christenings, 1880-1893
- Arkansas Marriages, 1837-1944
- Arkansas Divorce Index, 1923-1939
- Arkansas, County Marriages Index, 1837-1957
- Arkansas Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages to 1850
- Arkansas Marriages, 1779-1992
- Arkansas, Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages, 1820-1949
- Arkansas Marriages, 1851-1900
- Arkansas Death Index, 1914-1950
Saline County, AR Census Records
What Saline County, AR census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Saline County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940.
Saline Co. Slave Schedules can be acquired for 1850 & 1860. Saline Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Saline Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Saline Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You’ll find free online and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Arkansas Census Records Research Guide
Saline County, AR Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Saline County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Saline County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Arkansas courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Arkansas residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Saline County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Arkansas Corthouse Records Research Guide.
All County Offices Records are located in the Courthouse at 200 North Main Street, Benton 72015; 501-303-5600, unless otherwise noted.
Saline County, AR Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Saline County, AR?
A list of Saline County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Arkansas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Saline County History and Heritage Society, Inc., P.O. Box 1712, Benton, AR 72018-1712; 501-778-3770; The Saline County History & Heritage Society, Inc. was formed in 1986, with the objective of preserving the history of Saline County and her families. At the time of the founding of the SCHHS, there was virtually nothing in print on Saline County, although the county is one of the oldest in the state, having been formed on November 2, 1835 from Pulaski county. Saline County is one of a small number of counties with county records virtually intact: there have been no courthouse fires, although losses of records have occurred over the years through neglect. The Saline is the BI-annual publication of the SCHHS and contains about 125 pages annually. Publication dates are March and September of each year. The Saline includes cemetery surveys, Civil War reminiscences and letters, Saline County family histories, pictures, local histories, and anything to enlighten the reader on the subject of Saline County. Members are entitled to unlimited free queries on Saline County subjects. SCHHS meetings are held at 7:00 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month in the meeting room of the Woodall Central Fire station in downtown Benton. The SCHHS operates the SCHHS Archives and Family Research Center in the basement of the U.A.L.R. Learning center at 401 River Street in Benton, Arkansas. The Research Center is open Tuesday and Wednesday of each week from 9:00 – 12:00 noon.
- Gann Museum of Saline County, 218 South Market Street, Benton, AR 72015; 479/778-5513
- Arkansas History Commission, One Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72201; 501.682.6900
- Arkansas Genealogical Society, 1411 Shady Grove Road, P.O. Box 908, Hot Springs, AR 71902-0908
- Arkansas Historical Association, 416 Old Main, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701; 479-575-5884
Where can I connect with other Saline County, AR Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Arkansas Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Arkansas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Saline County, Arkansas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Saline County
- Saline County, Arkansas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Saline County, AR?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Saline County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is merely a list which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.