TOP FREE ANCESTRY DATABASES
Arapahoe County, Colorado
Genealogy, History & Facts
Arapahoe County, Colorado Facts
When was Arapahoe County, CO Created?
Arapahoe County was established on November 1, 1861.
Arapahoe County, CO Vital Records
Where can find Arapahoe County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Arapahoe County vital records can be found at the Colorado Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Colorado for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Arapahoe County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Colorado Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Arapahoe County, CO Census Records
What Arapahoe County, CO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Arapahoe County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Arapahoe Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1870 and 1880. Arapahoe Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1870 and 1880. Arapahoe Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Arapahoe County, CO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Arapahoe County, CO?
A list of Arapahoe County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Colorado Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Colorado Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Colorado State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Aurora Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 31732, Aurora, CO 80041-0732
- Columbine Genealogical And Historical Society, P.O. Box 2074, Littleton CO 80161-2074
- Littleton Historical Society, 6028 S Gallup St., Littleton CO 80120-2703; (303) 795-3950
- Sheridan Historical Society, 4101 S. Federal Blvd., Sheridan Colorado 80110-5399
- Arapahoe County, Colorado Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Arapahoe County, Colorado Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Arapahoe County (usgwarchives.net)
Arapahoe County, CO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Arapahoe County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Arapahoe County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Colorado courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Colorado residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Arapahoe County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Colorado Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Arapahoe County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 5334 S Prince Street, Littleton, CO 80166-0001
- Arapahoe County Clerk & Recorder
- Marriage Records: 1860–1903
- Land Records: 1861
- Arapahoe County Clerk of Courts
- Probate Records: 1902
- Court Records: 1902
- Alamosa County Public Health Department
- Birth / Death Records: 1872–1902 / 1887–1902; At Colorado Department of Health, Vital Records Section.
Where can I connect with other Arapahoe County, CO Researchers through message boards and forums?
What other genealogical resources are available in Arapahoe County, CO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Arapahoe County.