TOP FREE ANCESTRY DATABASES
Pinellas County, Florida
Genealogy, History & Facts
Pinellas County, Florida Facts
When was Pinellas County, FL Created?
Pinellas County was created on May 23, 1911 from Hillsborough County. This county was named for the Spanish Punta Piñal, or “Point of Pines”.
What cities and towns are in Pinellas County, FL?
Cities and towns located in the County include Belleair, Belleair Beach, Belleair Bluffs, Belleair Shore, Clearwater, Dunedin, Gulfport, Indian Rocks Beach, Indian Shores, Kenneth City, Largo, Madeira Beach, North Redington Beach, Oldsmar, Pinellas Park, Redington Beach, Redington Shores, Safety Harbor, Seminole, South Pasadena, St. Pete Beach, St. Petersburg, Tarpon Springs, Treasure Island.
Pinellas County, FL Vital Records
Where can find Pinellas County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Pinellas County vital records can be found at the Florida Office of Vital Records which has copies of Birth & Deaths reported 1917 to present and Divorce & Marriages since June 6, 1927. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Florida for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Pinellas County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Florida Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the Pinellas County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Florida Marriage Project
- Florida Marriage Collection, 1822-1875 and 1927-2001
- Florida Divorce Index, 1927-2001
- Florida Marriages, 1822-1850
- Florida Marriages, 1830-1993
- Florida Marriages, 1837-1974
- Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
- Florida Deaths and Burials, 1900-1921
- Florida Deaths, 1877-1939
Pinellas County, FL Census Records
What Pinellas County, FL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Pinellas County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1920, 1930, 1940.
There are Florida State censuses from 1867, 1875, 1885, 1935, 1945. You can get free downloadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Florida Census Records Research Guide
Pinellas County, FL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Pinellas County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Pinellas County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Florida Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Pinellas County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 315 Court Street, Room 400, Clearwater, FL 33756
- Pinellas County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Phone: (727) 464-3341
- Marriage Records: 1912
- Land Records: 1911
- Probate Records: 1911
- Court Records: 1911
- Pinellas County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- Florida Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Pinellas County, FL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Pinellas County, FL?
A list of Pinellas County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Florida Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Pinellas County Historical Society, 11909 125th Street North, Largo, FL 34615
- Pinellas Genealogical Society, C/o Largo Public Library, 351 East Bay Drive, P. O. Box 1614, Largo, FL 33779-1614
- Clearwater Historical Society, P. O. Box 175, Clearwater, FL 34617
- Dunedin Historical Society, 349 Main St., P. O. Box 2393, Dunedin, FL 34697-2393; 813-736-1176 and 813-529-3307
- Gulfport Historical Society, 5301 29th Avenue South, Gulfport, FL 33707
- Largo Area Historical Society, 805 S. Palm Dr., Largo, FL 33541
- St. Petersburg Historical Society, 334 Second Ave. NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Tarpon Springs Area Historical Society, 160 E. Tarpon Ave., Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- Florida Dept of State Div of Library & Bureau of Archives & Records Management, 500 S. Bronough St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
- Florida State Genealogical Society, PO Box 10249, Tallahassee, FL 32302-2249
- Florida Historical Society 1320 Highland Ave, Melbourne, FL 32935
Where can I connect with other Pinellas County, FL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Florida Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Florida State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Pinellas County, Florida Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Pinellas County, Florida Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Pinellas County, FL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Pinellas County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is just a directory which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.