DuPage County, Illinois
Genealogy, History & Facts
DuPage County, Illinois Facts
When was DuPage County, IL Created?
DuPage County was established on February 9, 1839.
DuPage County, IL Vital Records
Where can find DuPage County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
DuPage County vital records can be found at the Illinois Department of Public Health has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Illinois for current fees and application process.
You can search online for DuPage County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Illinois Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Order Hard Copies of Vital Records
- USGenweb Archives Illinois Marriage Project
- Cook County Birth Certificates, 1878-1922
- Cook County Birth Registers, 1871-1915
- Illinois Marriage Records, 1860 – 1905
- Illinois County Marriages, 1810-1934
- Cook County, Illinois, Marriage and Death Indexes, 1833-1889
- Illinois, Cook County Marriages, 1871-1920
- Illinois Marriages, 1851-1900
- Illinois Statewide Marriage Index, 1763-1900
- Illinois Marriages, 1790-1860
- Illinois Marriages to 1850
- Cook County Deaths, 1878-1922
- Illinois Death Certificates, 1916–1950
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths Index, 1916-1947
- Illinois, Deaths and Stillbirths, 1916-1947
DuPage County, IL Census Records
What DuPage County, IL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for DuPage County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
DuPage Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. DuPage Co. Industry and Agriculture can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. DuPage Co. Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. One can find free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Illinois Census Records Research Guide
DuPage County, IL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the DuPage County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of DuPage County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Illinois courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Illinois residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the DuPage County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Illinois Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- DuPage County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 421 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60189
- DuPage County Clerk
- Phone: 630-407-5500
- Marriage Records: 1839
- Birth & Death Records: 1877
- DuPage County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 630-407-5400
- Land Records:1835
- DuPage County Clerk of the Circuit Court,
- Address: 505 N. County Farm Rd., Wheaton, IL 60189
- Phone: 630-407-8700
- Probate Records: 1839
- Court Records: 1839
- The county archives of the state of Illinois
- BLM Land Records
DuPage County, IL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for DuPage County, IL?
A list of DuPage County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Illinois Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Carol Stream Historical Society, Phone: (630) 665-0686
- DuPage County (IL) Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 3 , Wheaton, IL 60189-0003
- DuPage County Historical Society, P.O. Box 1460, Wheaton, IL 60189
- Fox Valley Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 5435, Naperville, IL ; 60567-5435
- Glen Ellyn Historical Society, P.O. Box 283, Glen Ellyn, IL 60138; Phone: (630) 858-8696
- Hinsdale Historical Society, P.O. Box 336, Hinsdale, IL 60522, 630-789-2600
- Lombard Historical Society, 23 W. Maple Street, Lombard, IL
- Villa Park Historical Society Museum, 220 S. Villa Avenue, Villa Park, IL; Phone: (630) 941-0223
- West Chicago Historical Society, 527 Main Street West, Chicago, IL 60185
- Western Springs Historical Society, Western Springs
- Northern Illinois University (NIU), Illinois Regional Archives Depository, c/o Regional History Center, Founders Memorial Library, Rm. 400, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL 60115; 815-753-1807
- Illinois State Archives, Norton Building, Capitol Complex, Springfield, IL 62756; (217) 782-4682
- National Archives – Great Lakes Region (Chicago), 7358 South Pulaski Road, Chicago, Illinois 60629-5898; 773-948-9001
- Illinois State Historical Society 210 1/2 S. Sixth, Springfield, IL 62701-1503; Phone: (217)525-2781
- Illinois State Library, 300 South 2nd Street, Springfield, IL 62701-1796; Phone: (217) 785-5600
- Illinois State Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 10195, Springfield, IL 62791; Phone: (217) 789-1968
Where can I connect with other DuPage County, IL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Illinois Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Illinois State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- DuPage County, Illinois Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in DuPage County
- DuPage County, Illinois Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in DuPage County, IL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to DuPage County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a cost. This is simply a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.