TOP FREE ANCESTRY DATABASES
Republic County, Kansas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Republic County, Kansas Facts
When was Republic County, KS Created?
Republic County was established on February 27, 1860 (organized on 1868) as one of the original 36 counties. The county was named for the Republican River, which flows through the county.
What counties are adjacent to Republic County, KS?
Bordering Counties are Thayer County, Nebraska, Jefferson County, Nebraska, Washington County, Cloud County, Jewell County, Nuckolls County, Nebraska.
What cities and towns are in Republic County, KS?
Cities and towns located in the County include Belleville, Scandia, Courtland, Cuba, Republic, Munden, Narka, Agenda.
Republic County, KS Vital Records
Where can find Republic County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Republic County vital records can be found at the Kansas Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records from July 1, 1911; marriage records from May 1913 and divorce records from July 1951. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kansas for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Republic County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Kansas Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Kansas Marriage Project
- Kansas, Births and Christenings, 1818-1936
- Kansas, Births and Christenings Index, 1885-1911
- Kansas, Marriages, 1840-1935
- Kansas Marriage Index, 1854-73
- Kansas, County Marriages, 1855-1911
- Kansas, Security Benefit Association, Death Index, 1902-1930
- Kansas, Deaths and Burials, Index, 1885-1930
- Kansas, Fraternal Order Death Index, 1873-1969
- Kansas, Deaths and Burials, 1885-1930
Republic County, KS Census Records
What Republic County, KS census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Republic County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Republic Co. Mortality Schedules is available for 1870 and 1880. Republic Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1870 and 1880. Republic Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890.
Another census resource is the Kansas State Census Collection from 1855-1925. You’ll find free down-loadable not to mention printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kansas Census Records Research Guide
Republic County, KS Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Republic County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Republic County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Kansas Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Republic County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted) is located at 1815 M Street, Belleville, KS 66935-2242; Phone: (785) 527-7231.
- Republic County Clerks Office has Birth Records from 1885-1911, Marriage Records from 1869 and Death Records from 1885-1911. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Republic County Register of Deeds Office has Land Records from 1868. The Register of Deeds shall have custody of and safely keep and preserve all the books, records, deeds, maps, papers and microphotographs deposited or kept in the office of the Register of Deeds. The Register of Deeds shall also record or cause to be recorded all deeds, mortgages, maps, instruments and writings authorized by law to be recorded in the office of the Register of Deeds and shall perform all other duties as are required by law.
- Republic County Clerk of District Court has Probate Records from 1868 and Court Records from 1871. The Clerk of Court is part of the Judicial Branch of local government and as such is required to maintain a record of all documents filed with the courts, keep a record of all court proceedings, and collect various fines and forfeitures ordered by the court and specified by statute.
- BLM Land Records
Republic County, KS Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Republic County, KS?
A list of Republic County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kansas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Republic County Historical Society, 615 28th Street, W. US Hwy 36, Belleville, Kansas 66935; Phone: 785-527-5971
- Search for Republic Co. records at the Kansas State Archives (kshs.org)
- Kansas State Historical Society, 6425 SW 6th Avenue, Topeka KS 66615-1099
- Kansas Genealogical Society, PO Box 103, 700 Avenue G and Vine Street, Dodge City, KS 67801
Where can I connect with other Republic County, KS Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kansas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Kansas Genealogy Network Community
- Republic County, Kansas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Republic County, Kansas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Republic County, KS?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Republic County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a fee. This is simply a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.