Boyle County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Boyle County, Kentucky Facts
Boyle County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Boyle County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Boyle County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Boyle County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Boyle County, KY Census Records
What Boyle County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Boyle County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Boyle Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Boyle Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Boyle Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Boyle Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Boyle County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Boyle County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Boyle County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Boyle County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Boyled County Clerk
- Address: 321 West Main Street, Danville, KY, 40422
- Phone: (859) 238-1110
- Marriage Records: 1852
- Land Records: 1842
- Probate Records: 1842
- Boyle County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Boyle County Courthouse, 321 W. Main St., Danville, KY 40422
- Phone: (859) 239-7442
- Court Records: 1800
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Boyle County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Boyle County USGenWeb Archives Project
Boyle County Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Boyle County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Boyle County Genealogical Association , P.O. Box 125, Parksville, KY 40464-0125
- Boyle County Public Library, Broadway &North Third Street, Danville; Phone: 859-236-8466
Where can I connect with other Boyle County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Boyle County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Boyle County
- Boyle County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYBOYLE. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Boyle County, Kentucky. Interested individuals may want to check out the Boyle County KYGenWeb page. To subscribe send “subscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
- CENTRAL-KY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Central Kentucky including Boyle, Bullitt, Casey, Clark, Estill, Garrard, Hardin, Jackson, Jessamine, LaRue, Lincoln, Marion, Nelson, Russell, Taylor, and Powell Counties. The list also covers any central Kentucky area if the county is unknown. To subscribe send “subscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Boyle County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Boyle County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a payment. This is just a list that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to submit your own favorite genealogy or family history related sites.