Bullitt County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Bullitt County, Kentucky Facts
Bullitt County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Bullitt County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Bullitt County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Bullitt County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Bullitt County, KY Census Records
What Bullitt County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Bullitt County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 800 (destroyed), 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Bullitt Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Bullitt Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bullitt Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Bullitt Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Bullitt County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Bullitt County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Bullitt County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Bullitt County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Bullitt County Clerk
- Address: 149 N. Walnut St., Shepherdsville, KY, 40165
- Phone: (502) 543-2513
- Marriage Records: 1797
- Land Records: 1797
- Probate Records: 1797
- Bullitt County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Bullitt County Judicial Center, 250 Frank E. Simon Ave., P.O. Box 746, Shepherdsville, KY 40165-0746
- Phone: (502) 543-7104
- Court Records: 1797
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Bullitt County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Bullitt County USGenWeb Archives Project
Bullitt County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Bullitt County, KY?
A list of Bullitt County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Bullitt County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 960, Shepherdsville, KY 40165
- Bullitt County Public Libraries
- Ancestral Trails Historical Society, PO Box 1796, Elizabethtown, KY 42702-1796; (270) 982-0881. We are a Regional Society representing Breckinridge, Bullitt, Edmonson, Grayson, Hardin, Hart, Jefferson, LaRue, Meade, Nelson counties in Kentucky. We have a free research library with over 1200 books and many research books for sale. We have a index of the articles from our Quarterly News Magazine listed on our website. These articles can be requested at a minimal charge.
Where can I connect with other Bullitt County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Bullitt County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Bullitt County
- Bullitt County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYBULLIT. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Bullitt County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to firstname.lastname@example.org (mail mode) or email@example.com (digest mode).
- kybullitt. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Bullitt County, Kentucky. You can subscribe from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kybullitt/ or by sending the following to firstname.lastname@example.org: subscribe
- KENTUCKIANA. A mailing list for genealogy research and information exchange in the Indiana counties of Clark, Crawford, Dubois, Floyd, Gibson, Harrison, Orange, Perry, Pike, Posey, Scott, Spencer, Warrick and Washington, and the Kentucky counties of Breckinridge, Bullitt, Carroll, Hardin, Jefferson, Meade, Nelson, Oldham, Shelby, Spencer and Trimble. This is a highly research structured list, chatroom atmosphere is discouraged. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Bullitt County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Bullitt County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.