Daviess County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Daviess County, Kentucky Facts
When was Daviess County, KY Created?
Daviess County was created on January 14, 1815 from Ohio County (the county’s borders were altered in 1829 to form Hancock County, in 1830 to absorb a small area surrounding Whitesville, in 1854 to cede land to McLean County, and in 1860 to annex forty-four square miles from Henderson County).
Daviess County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Daviess County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Daviess County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Daviess County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Daviess County, KY Census Records
What Daviess County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Daviess County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Daviess Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Daviess Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Daviess Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Daviess Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Daviess County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Daviess County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Daviess County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Daviess County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Daviessd County Clerk
- Address: 212 St. Ann St., Owensboro, KY, 42302
- Phone: (270) 685-8434
- Marriage Records: 1815
- Land Records: 1815
- Probate Records: 1812
- Daviess County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: Holbrook Judicial Center, 100 E. 2nd St., P.O. Box 277, Owensboro, KY 42302-0277
- Phone: (270) 687-7225
- Court Records: 1822
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Daviess County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Daviess County USGenWeb Archives Project
Daviess County Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Daviess County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- Daviess County Historical Society, 2020 Frederica St, Owensboro, KY 42301
- Society of Kentucky Pioneers, 11129 Pleasant Ridge Road, Utica KY 42376
Where can I connect with other Daviess County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Daviess County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Daviess County
- Daviess County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYDAVIES. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Daviess County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Daviess County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Daviess County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a payment. This is just a list that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to submit your own favorite genealogy or family history related sites.