Larue County, Kentucky
Genealogy, History & Facts
Larue County, Kentucky Facts
Larue County, Kentucky genealogy and family history research. Find links to record collections, history, and genealogy resources to help you trace your Larue Co., ancestors.
When was Larue County, KY Created?
Larue County was created on March 4, 1843 from Hardin County.
Larue County, KY Vital Records
Where can find Larue County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Larue County vital records can be found at the Kentucky Department of Health (VDH) Office of Vital Records which has copies for of birth & deathe certificates (1911 – present), marriage licenses & divorce decrees (since June 1958). There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Kentucky for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Larue County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for Birth Certificate, Marriage / Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives contains birth and death records for the cities of Louisville, Lexington, Covington and Newport, which introduced records laws before 1911. The Archives also offers birth and death records before to 1911 and 1911-1957 death records for the entire state.
Larue County, KY Census Records
What Larue County, KY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Larue County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Larue Co. Slave Schedules can be obtained for 1850 & 1860. Larue Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Larue Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Larue Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. One can find free down loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Kentucky Census Records Research Guide
Larue County, KY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Larue County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Larue County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Kentucky courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Kentucky residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Larue County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Kentucky Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Larued County Clerk
- Address: 209 West High Street Ste 3, Hodgenville, KY, 42748
- Phone: (270) 358-3544
- Marriage Records: 1843
- Land Records: 1843
- Probate Records: 1843
- Larue County Clerk of the Circuit Court
- Address: LaRue County Courthouse Annex, 209 W. High St., P.O. Box 191, Hodgenville, KY 42748-0191
- Phone: (270) 358-3421
- Court Records: 1843
- Kentucky, Wills and Probate Records, 1774-1989
- Larue County Elected Officials (ky.gov)
- Will/Probate Record Request Form
- BLM Land Records
- Larue County USGenWeb Archives Project
Larue County, KY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Larue County, KY?
A list of Larue County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Kentucky Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Kentucky Department for Libraries & Archives, 300 Coffee Tree Road, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601; (502) 564-8300;
- University of Kentucky Libraries, William T. Young Library, Lexington, KY 40506-0456
- The Kentucky Historical Society, 100 W. Broadway, Frankfort, KY 40601; 877-444-7867
- The Kentucky Genealogical Society, PO Box 153, Frankfort, KY 40602-0153
- LaRue County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 312, Hodgenville, KY 42748
- Ancestral Trails Historical Society, PO Box 1796, Elizabethtown, KY 42702-1796; (270) 982-0881. We are a Regional Society representing Breckinridge, Bullitt, Edmonson, Grayson, Hardin, Hart, Jefferson, LaRue, Meade, Nelson counties in Kentucky. We have a free research library with over 1200 books and many research books for sale. We have a index of the articles from our Quarterly News Magazine listed on our website. These articles can be requested at a minimal charge.
Where can I connect with other Larue County, KY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Kentucky Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Kentucky State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Larue County, Kentucky Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Larue County
- Larue County, Kentucky Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- KYLARUE. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Larue County, Kentucky. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- CENTRAL-KY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in Central Kentucky including Boyle, Bullitt, Casey, Clark, Estill, Garrard, Hardin, Jackson, Jessamine, LaRue, Lincoln, Marion, Nelson, Russell, Taylor, and Powell Counties. The list also covers any central Kentucky area if the county is unknown. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
- WEST-CENTRAL-KY. A mailing list for anyone with a genealogical interest in West-Central Kentucky, including the counties of Breckinridge, Butler, Daviess, Edmonson, Grayson, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, LaRue, McLean, Meade, and Ohio, which were all derived in large part from Old Hardin County as it was created in 1792. To subscribe send “subscribe” to email@example.com (mail mode) or firstname.lastname@example.org (digest mode).
What other genealogical resources are available in Larue County, KY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Larue County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is basically a collection that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.