East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana
Genealogy & Facts
East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana Facts
When was East Feliciana Parish, LA Created?
East Feliciana Parish was established on February 17, 1824 from Feliciana (old) Parish (Feliciana Parish was formed in 1810 from West Florida territory). The parish was named in honor of Felicite de Gálvez, the wife of Bernardo de Gálvez, a Spanish governor of the Louisiana Territory.
What cities and towns are in East Feliciana Parish, LA?
Cities and towns located in the Parish include Clinton, Jackson, Norwood, Slaughter, Wilson, Ethel.
East Feliciana Parish, LA Vital Records
Where can find East Feliciana Parish Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
East Feliciana Parish vital records can be found at the Louisiana Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth and death records since July 1914. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Louisiana for current fees and application process.
You can search online for East Feliciana Parish Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Louisiana Birth or Death Certificate Application to mail.
The Louisiana State Archives has Birth Records that occurred in Louisiana more than 100 years from the end of the current calendar year. It also has Death Records that occurred in Louisiana more than 50 years from the end of the current calendar year.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Louisiana Marriage Project
- Louisiana, Births and Christenings, 1811-1830; 1854-1934
- Louisiana, Marriages, 1816-1906
- Louisiana, Parish Marriages, 1837-1957
- Louisiana Marriages, 1718-1925
- Louisiana Marriage Records, 1851-1900
- Louisiana Marriages to 1850
- Marriage contracts of French colonial Louisiana
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Marriage Records Index, 1831-1920
- Louisiana Death Records Index
- Louisiana, Deaths Index, 1850-1875, 1894-1956
- Louisiana, Statewide Death Index, 1900-1949
- Southwest Louisiana, Deaths Index, 1840-1906
East Feliciana Parish, LA Census Records
What East Feliciana Parish, LA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for East Feliciana Parish guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
East Feliciana Parish Slave Schedules can be found for 1850 & 1860. East Feliciana Parish Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. East Feliciana Parish Industry and Agriculture can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. East Feliciana Parish Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You can get free online and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Louisiana Census Records Research Guide
East Feliciana Parish, LA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the East Feliciana Parish Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in East Feliciana Parish. The years listed below are the first noted records with this parish. See Also Louisiana Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- East Feliciana Parish Clerk of Court performs the functions of more than one office. As the Recorder, the office of the Clerk of Court receives, files, records and indexes all mortgages, conveyances and all other instruments recorded in the Public Records for the Parish. The Clerk’s Office receives and files all pleadings, such as petitions, answers, motions and other filings in Civil and Probate matters, as well as indictments, bills of information and other filings in Criminal matters. Another function of the Clerk’s Office is the issuance of Marriage Licenses and recording their returns after the marriages are performed.
- Address: 12305 St. Helena Street, Clinton, LA 70722
- Phone: (225) 683-5145
- Marriage Records: 1824
- Land Records: 1824
- Probate Records: 1824
- Court Records: 1824
- USGenWeb Archives for East Feliciana Parish
- BLM Land Records
East Feliciana Parish, LA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for East Feliciana Parish, LA?
A list of East Feliciana Parish Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Louisiana Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Jackson Assembly Of The Felicianas, P.O. Box 494, Jackson 70748-0494
- Louisiana State Archives, 3851 Essen Lane, P.O. Box 94125
- Louisiana Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 82060, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70884
- Louisiana Historical Society, 5801 St. Charles Ave, New Orleans, Louisiana 70115
Where can I connect with other East Feliciana Parish, LA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Louisiana Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Louisiana State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in East Feliciana Parish, LA?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to East Feliciana Parish. Many of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is merely a listing which has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.