Red Lake County, Minnesota
Genealogy, History & Facts
Red Lake County, Minnesota Facts
When was Red Lake County, MN Created?
Red Lake County was founded on December 24, 1896 from Polk County.
Red Lake County, MN Vital Records
Where can find Red Lake County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Red Lake County vital records can be found at the Minnesota Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth resords from 1900 and death records from 1908. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Minnesota for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Red Lake County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Minnesota Birth Certificate and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980
- Minnesota, County Birth Records, 1863-1983
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950
- Minnesota, Divorce Index, 1970-1995
- Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002
- Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990
Red Lake County, MN Census Records
What Red Lake County, MN census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Red Lake County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940 Red Lake Co. territorial and state censuses exist for the years 1849-1905..
Red Lake County, MN Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Red Lake County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Red Lake County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Minnesota courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Minnesota residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Red Lake County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Minnesota Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Red Lake County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 124 Main Ave. NW, P.O. Box 339, Red Lake Falls , MN 56750
- Phone: (218) 253-4281
- Red Lake County Recorder
- Birth / Death Records: 1897
- Marriage Records: 1897
- Land Records: 1873
- Red Lake County Court Administrator
- Probate Records: 1897
- Court Records: 1897
- Minnesota, Will Records, 1849-1985
- Minnesota Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Red Lake County, MN Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Red Lake County, MN?
A list of Red Lake County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Minnesota Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Red Lake County Historical Society, c/o Anne Healy, 135 Bottineau Ave. N.E., Red Lake Falls, MN 56750
- Northwest Minnesota Historical Center, Livingston Lord Library, Moorhead State University, Moorhead, MN 56560
- Minnesota State Archives, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 • 651-259-3260
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, 1185 Concord St. N. Suite 218, South St. Paul, MN 55075-1187
- Minnesota Historical Society, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 . 651-259-3000
Where can I connect with other Red Lake County, MN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Minnesota Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Minnesota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Red Lake County, Minnesota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Red Lake County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Red Lake County, MN?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Red Lake County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is simply a list which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.