Dunklin County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Dunklin County, Missouri Facts
When was Dunklin County, MO Created?
Dunklin County was created on February 14, 1845 from Stoddard County.
What is the County Seat of Dunklin County, MO?
The County Seat is located in Kennett and in addition the county government website is unknown
What counties are adjacent to Dunklin County, MO?
Bordering Counties are Stoddard County, New Madrid County, Pemiscot County, Mississippi County, Arkansas, Craighead County, Arkansas, Greene County, Arkansas, Clay County, Arkansas, Butler County.
Dunklin County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Dunklin County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Dunklin County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Dunklin County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Dunklin County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Dunklin County, MO Census Records
What Dunklin County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Dunklin County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Dunklin Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Dunklin Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dunklin Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dunklin Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Dunklin County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Dunklin County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Dunklin County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Dunklin County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Dunklin County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: Courthouse Square, Kennett, MO 63857
- Dunklin County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 573-888-3468
- Marriage Records: 1872
- Land Records: 1859
- Dunklin County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: (573) 888-2456
- Probate Records: 1865
- Court & Divorce Records: 1872
- Dunklin County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (573) 888-1374
- Birth & Death Records: ?
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Dunklin County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Dunklin County, MO?
A list of Dunklin County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Dunklin County Genealogical Society, 226 North Main Street, Kennett, MO 63857; Phone: (573) 888-3561
- Campbell Area Genealogical& Historical Society, P.O. Box 401, Campbell, MO 63933-0401
- Malden Historical Museum, P.O. Box 142, 201 N Beckwith Str, Malden, MO 63863; Ph: (573) 276-5008
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Dunklin County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Dunklin County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Dunklin County
- Dunklin County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Dunklin County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Dunklin County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.