Wright County, Missouri
Genealogy, History & Facts
Wright County, Missouri Facts
When was Wright County, MO Created?
Wright County was created on January 29, 1841 from Pulaski County.
Wright County, MO Vital Records
Where can find Wright County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Wright County vital records can be found at the Missouri Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records reported from January 1, 1910. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Missouri for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Wright County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Missouri Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Another resource is the Wright County Health Department has Birth Certificates since 1920 and Death Certificates since 1980.
Wright County, MO Census Records
What Wright County, MO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Wright County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Wright Co. Slave Schedules is available for 1850 & 1860. Wright Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wright Co. Industry and Agriculture can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Wright Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. There are free down-loadable and printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Missouri Census Records Research Guide
Wright County, MO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Wright County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Wright County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Missouri courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Missouri residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Wright County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Missouri Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Wright County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 125 Court Square, Hartville, MO 65667
- Wright County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 417-741-7121
- Marriage Records: 1897
- Land Records: 1853
- Wright County Circuit Court Clerk / Probate Court Clerk
- Phone: (417) 741-7121
- Probate Records: 1853
- Court & Divorce Records: 1895
- Wright County Clerk of the Court
- Phone: (417) 741-6661
- Birth & Death Records: ?
- State-Issued Land Patents 1831 – 1969
- BLM Land Records
Wright County, MO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Wright County, MO?
A list of Wright County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Missouri Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Laura Ingalls Wilder/ Rose Wilder Lane, Home and Museum, 3068 Highway A, Mansfield, MO 65704, Phone: (417) 924-3626
- Wright County Historical and Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 66, 101 East Rolla, Hartville, MO 65667, Phone: (417) 741-6265
- Ozarks Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 3945, 534 West Catalpa, Springfield, MO 65808; Phone: (417) 831-2773
- Missouri State Archives, Missouri State Information Center; P.O. Box 1747, 600 West Main Str, Jefferson City, MO 65102
- Missouri State Library – 600 West Main Street, Jefferson City, MO 65101; (573) 751-4936
- Missouri Historical Society, P.O. Box 11940, St. Louis 63112-0040
- Missouri State Genealogical Association, P.O. Box 833, Columbia, MO 65205-0833
Where can I connect with other Wright County, MO Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Missouri Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Missouri State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Wright County, Missouri Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Wright County
- Wright County, Missouri Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Wright County, MO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Wright County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.