Mineral County, Nevada
Mineral County was formed on February 10, 1911 from Esmeralda County. The county was named for the Mineral deposits in the area..
Cities and towns situated in Mineral County are made up of Aurora, Hawthorne, Luning, Mina, Schurz, Walker Lake.
Mineral County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in finding out about your family tree. Federal government Population Schedules can be found for 1920, 1930, 1940. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to aid with your research.
Mineral County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Mineral County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Nevada State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Mineral County Historical Society, 400 10th Street, Box 1584, Hawthorne NV 89415
- Mineral County, Nevada Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Mineral County, Nevada Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Mineral County (usgwarchives.net)
Mineral County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget about the advantages of Mineral County court, probate, and land records as a useful resource of genealogical details. Hidden away in Nevada courthouses and archives just about everywhere could be the dreams and worries of many Nevada residents.
The chances are very good that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth document of at least a number of aspects of their lives in the Mineral County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, take into account all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
The following information and facts shows whatever birth, death, marriage, property, probate, and legal records are typically in Mineral County. The dates suggested listed below are the first recognized records data in this county.
- Mineral County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 1st & A, Hawthorne, NV 89415
- Phone: (775) 945-2446
- Mineral County Recorder is responsible for the recordation, scanning/microfilming, indexing and permanent storage of all Real Estate Transactions, Mining Claim Locations, Assessment work, Contracts, Leases, Judgments, Marriage Certificates, Fixture Filing Statements, Liens, Maps and all other Miscellaneous Documents.
- Birth / Death Records: 1911
- Land Records: 1911
- Mineral County Clerk is responsible for the issuance of all marriage licenses in the County.
- Marriage Records: 1911
- Mineral County Clerk of District Court has jurisdiction over all Regular, Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Family courts.
- Probate Records: 1911
- Court Records: 1911
- Nevada Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Nevada for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Mineral County Links
The following are web links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources pertaining to Mineral County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is merely a directory that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own preferred Mineral County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.