Dona Ana County, New Mexico
Dona Ana County was founded on January 6, 1852 as one of the nine original counties.
Dona Ana County vital records can be found at the New Mexico Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New Mexico for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Dona Ana County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for New Mexico Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Dona Ana County has Federal Census Schedules to aid in looking into your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Dona Ana Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dona Ana Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1860, 1870 and 1880. Dona Ana Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You’ll find free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Dona Ana County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Dona Ana County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- New Mexico Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- New Mexico State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Dona Ana County Historical Society, 500 North Water Street, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88001-1224.
- Gadsen Historical Society, P. O. Box 147, Mesilla, New Mexico, 88046.
- Hatch Family History Center, Las Cruces Family History Center, 3210 Venus St., Las Cruces, NM. Phone 505-382-0618
- Roman Catholic, Diocese of Las Cruces, 1280 Med Park, P.O. Box 16318, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88004.
- Southern New Mexico Genealogical Society, P. O. Box 2563, Las Cruces, New Mexico, 88004-2563
- Southern New Mexico Historical Collections at NMSU, Austin Hoover archivist. Phone: 505-646-1543.
- Thomas Branigan Library, 200 E. Picacho, Las Cruces, NM 88001. Phone No. 505 – 528-4005
- Dona Ana County, New Mexico Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Dona Ana County, New Mexico Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Dona Ana County (usgwarchives.net)
Dona Ana County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often forget the significance of Dona Ana County court, probate, and land files as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy details. Buried away in New Mexico courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and worries of many New Mexico inhabitants.
The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few aspects of their lives in the Dona Ana County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her showing up in court records.
The below details indicates what birth, death, marriage, land, wills, and legal records are in Dona Ana County. The years New Mexicod listed below could be the first recognized documents for this county. Part of Gadsden Purchase, 1854.
- Dona Ana County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 201 W Picacho Ave, Las Cruces, NM 88005
- Phone: (575) 647-7421
- Dona Ana County Clerks office
- Marriage Records: 1869
- Land Records: 1803
- Probate Records: 1833
- Dona Ana County 3rd District Court Clerk
Dona Ana County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Dona Ana County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a payment. This is just a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own preferred Dona Ana County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.