Delaware County, New York
Genealogy, History & Facts
Delaware County, New York Facts
What counties are adjacent to Delaware County, NY?
Bordering Counties are Otsego County, Schoharie County, Greene County, Ulster County, Sullivan County, Wayne County, PA, Broome County, Chenango County.
Delaware County, NY Vital Records
Where can find Delaware County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Delaware County vital records can be found at the New York Department of Health which has copies of birth records after 1881 and death records after 1880, copies of marriage since 1881 and a Divorce records since 1847 . There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in New York for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Delaware County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for New York Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
- Deaths taken from the Delaware gazette
- Marriages taken from the Delaware gazette : Delhi, Delaware County, New York : from Aug. 7, 1844 to Dec. 31, 1879
- Delaware gazette, published at Delhi, Delaware County, N.Y., from Nov. 1819 to Aug. 28, 1844, death notices
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives New York Marriage Project
- New York Births and Christenings, 1640-1962
- New York, County Marriages, 1908-1935
- New York Marriages, 1686-1980
- New York Deaths and Burials, 1795-1952
Delaware County, NY Census Records
What Delaware County, NY census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Delaware County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Delaware Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Delaware Co. Industry and Agriculture is available for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Delaware Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890.
There are New York State censuses from 1880, 1892, 1905, 1855, 1865, 1875, 1892, 1905, 1915, 1925. You can get free downloadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also New York Census Records Research Guide
Delaware County, NY Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Delaware County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Delaware County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in New York courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless New York residents. The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Delaware County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also New York Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Delaware County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: Court House Square, Delhi, NY 13753
- Delaware County Clerk
- Phone: (607) 746-2123
- Land Records: 1797
- Court Records: 1797
- Delaware County Surrogate Court Clerk
- Address: 3 Court Street, Delhi, NY 13753
- Phone: (607) 746-2126
- Probate Records: 1797
- Delaware County Historian
- Phone: (607) 746-8660
- Abstracts of wills of Delaware County, New York
- Letters of administration of Delaware County, New York
- New York Wills, 1626-1836
- BLM Land Records
Delaware County, NY Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Delaware County, NY?
A list of Delaware County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide New York Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Delaware County Historical Association, 46549 State Hwy 10, Delhi, NY 13753; Phone: (607) 746-3849
- Central New York Genealogical Society, P.O.Box 104, Colvin Station, Syracuse, NY 13205
- New York State Archives and Records Administration, 11th Floor, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12230; (518) 474-8955
- New York State Library, Cultural Education Center, 7th Floor, Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12230
- The New York Genealogical and Biographical Society, 122 East 58th Street, New York, New York 10022-1939
- New York State Historical Association, West Lake Road, P.O. Box 800, Cooperstown, New York, 13326-0800
Where can I connect with other Delaware County, NY Researchers through message boards and forums?
- New York Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- New York State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Delaware County, New York Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Delaware County, New York Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Delaware County, NY?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Delaware County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is simply a listing that has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.