LaMoure County, North Dakota
LaMoure County was established on January 04, 1873 (organized in 1881) from Pembina County.
Townships include Adrian, Alfred, Badger, Black Loam, Bluebird, Dean, Gladstone, Glen, Glenmore, Golden Glen, Grand Rapids, Grandview, Greenville, Henrietta, Kennison, Litchville, Mikkelson, Nora, Norden, Ovid, Pearl Lake, Pomona View, Prairie, Raney, Ray, Roscoe, Russell, Ryan, Saratoga, Sheridan, Swede, Wano.
LaMoure County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in looking into your family tree. Government Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
LaMoure Co. LaMoure Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1880. LaMoure Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1880. LaMoure Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. There are free online in addition to printable census forms to assist with your research.
LaMoure County Society and Family History Resources
A list of LaMoure County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- LaMoure County Museum, 7019 County Road 63, LaMoure, ND 58458, 701-883-5546
- Toy Farmer Museum, 7496 106th Ave. SE, LaMoure, ND 58458-9404, 701-883-5206
- LaMoure County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- LaMoure County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for LaMoure County (usgwarchives.net)
LaMoure County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of LaMoure County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the LaMoure County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- LaMoure County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 202 4th Ave NW, LaMoure, ND 58458
- Phone: (701) 883-5193
- LaMoure County Register of Deeds / Recorder
- Land Records: 1873
- LaMoure County Clerk of Courts
- Marriage Records: 1887
- Probate Records: 1873
- Court Records: 1873
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
LaMoure County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to LaMoure County. Feel free to provide your own favorite LaMoure County genealogy or family history related sites.