Sheridan County, North Dakota
Sheridan County was established on December 24, 1908 from McLean County (Sheridan County (old) was created in 1873 from Buffalo County; abolished 1892; became part of McLean County).
Townships include Berlin, Boone, Denhoff, Edgemont, Fairview, Highland, Lincoln Dale, Martin, Sperry, Mauch, Goodrich, Pickard, Prophets, Rosenfield, Strassburg, McClusky.
Sheridan County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in looking into your family tree. Government Population Schedules are available for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online in addition to printable census forms to assist with your research.
Sheridan County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Sheridan County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Pioneer Historical Society for Sheridan County, 609 Frank Street West, Goodrich, ND 58444, 701-884-2567
- Sheridan County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Sheridan County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Sheridan County (usgwarchives.net)
Sheridan County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Sheridan County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Sheridan County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Sheridan County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 215 2nd St E, McClusky, ND 58463
- Phone: (701) 363-2207
- Sheridan County Register of Deeds / Recorder
- Land Records: 1909
- Sheridan County Clerk of Courts
- Marriage Records: 1909
- Probate Records: 1909
- Court Records: 1909
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Sheridan County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Sheridan ounty. Feel free to provide your own favorite Sheridan County genealogy or family history related sites.