Caledonia County, Vermont
Caledonia County was created on November 5, 1792 from part of Orange County.
Caledonia County vital records from the last five (5) yearscan be found at the Vermont Office of Vital Records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Vermont for current fees and application process. For Records more than five (5) years ago can be ordered from the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration.
You can search online for Caledonia County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Vermont Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Caledonia County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in exploring your family tree. United states federal Population Schedules are available for 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Caledonia Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Caledonia Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Caledonia Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You can get free down loadable and also printable census forms to assist with your research.
Caledonia County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Caledonia County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Vermont State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Barnet Historical Society, 802 Warden Road, Barnet, VT 05821; Phone: (802) 633-2325
- Burke Historical Society, c/o Burke Mountain Club, PO Box 309, East Burke, VT 05832; Phone: (802) 626-9823
- Danville Historical Society, PO Box 274, Danville, VT 05828; Phone: (802) 684-2055
- Groton Historical Society, P.O. Box 89, Groton, VT 05046; Phone: (802) 584-3417
- Hardwick Historical Society, PO Box 177, 47 Depot Street, Hardwick, VT 05843; Phone:(802) 472-8555
- Lyndon Historical Society, PO Box 85, Lyndon Center, VT 05850; Phone: (802) 626-9321
- Peacham Historical Association, PO Box 101, 153 Church Street, Peacham, VT 05862
- Ryegate Historical Society, PO Box 366, Ryegate, VT 05042 ; Phone: (802) 584-3520
- Saint Johnsbury Historical Society, c/o St. Johnsbury Athenaeum, 1171 Main Street, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819 ; Phone: (802) 748-8291 or (802) 748-2372
- Sheffield Historical Society, 37 Dane Road, Sheffield, VT 05866; Phone:(802) 626-8013
- Stannard Historical Society, 92 Old Pasture Road, Greensboro Bend, VT 05842; Phone: (802) 533-2561
- Walden Historical Committee, PO Box 54, West Danville, Vt 05873; Phone: (802) 563-2472
- Caledonia County, Vermont Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Caledonia County, Vermont Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Caledonia County (usgwarchives.net)
Caledonia County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers frequently forget about the significance of Caledonia County court, probate, and land records data as a resource of family history and genealogy information. Hidden away in Vermont courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Vermont citizens. The odds are great that your potential ancestors have left a in-depth document of at least quite a few factors of their lives in the Caledonia County court records. Even if your ancestors and forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
Caledonia County Courthouse, 1126 Main St, St Johnsbury, VT 05819; (802) 748-6600, has Land Records from 1797–1896 (county only) and Probate Records from 1796 to present.
- Barnet Town Clerk, P. O. Box 15, Barnet, VT 05821 ; Phone: (802)633-2256
- Burke Town Clerk, 212 School Street, W. Burke, VT 05871 ; Phone: (802)467-3717
- Danville Town Clerk, P.O. Box 183, Danville, VT 05828 ; Phone: (802)684-3352
- Groton Town Clerk, 314 Scott Highway, Groton, VT 05046 ; Phone: (802)584-3276
- Hardwick Town Clerk, P.O. Box 523, Hardwick, VT 05843 ; Phone: (802)472-5971
- Kirby Town Clerk, 346 Town Hall Road, Lyndonville, VT 05851 ; Phone: (802)626-9386
- Lyndon Town Clerk, P.O. Box 167, Lyndonville, VT 05851-0167; Phone: (802)626-5785
- Newark Town Clerk, 1336 Newark Street, Newark, VT 05871 ; Phone: (802)467-3336
- Peacham Town Clerk, P.O. Box 244, Peacham, VT 05862 ; Phone: (802)592-3218
- Ryegate Town Clerk, P. O. Box 332, Ryegate, VT 050420332; Phone: (802)584-3880
- Saint Johnsbury Town Clerk, 1187 Main Street,Suite 2, St. Johnsbury, VT 05819 ; Phone: (802)748-4331
- Sheffield Town Clerk, P.O. Box 165, Sheffield, VT 05866 ; Phone: (802)626-8862
- Stannard Town Clerk, P.O. Box 94, Greensboro Bend, VT 05842 ; Phone: (802)533-2577
- Sutton Town Clerk, P.O. Box 106, Sutton, VT 05867 ; Phone: (802)467-3377
- Walden Town Clerk, 12 VT RTE 215, W. Danville, VT 05873-9859; Phone: (802)563-2220
- Waterford Town Clerk, P.O. Box 56, Lower Waterford, VT 05848 ; Phone: (802)748-2122
- Wheelock Town Clerk, P.O. Box 1328, Lyndonville, VT 05851 ; Phone: (802)626-9094
Caledonia County Links
The following are links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources pertaining to Caledonia County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a cost. This is just a listing which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to submit your own favorite Caledonia County genealogy or family history associated sites.