Kitsap County, Washington
Kitsap County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Kitsap County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Kitsap County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in researching your family tree. Federal government Population Schedules exist for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Kitsap Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1870 and 1880. Kitsap Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1870 and 1880. Kitsap Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You’ll find free down loadable in addition to printable census forms that can help with your research.
Kitsap County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Kitsap County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Puget Sound Genealogical Society, 1026 Sidney Ave, Suite 110, Port Orchard, WA 98366
- Bainbridge Island Historical Society, 7650 NE High School Rd, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110-2621. Phone 206-842-2773
- Kitsap County Historical Society & Museum, PO Box 903, Bremerton, WA 98337. Phone 360-479-6226
- USS Turner Joy/Bremerton Historic Ships Association, 300 Washington Beach Ave #8, Bremerton, WA 98310. Phone 360-392-2457
- Puget Sound Regional Branch—Washington State Archives, Pritchard-Fleming Bldg., 3000 Landerholm Circle SE, MS-N100, Bellevue, WA 98007-6484
- Bainbridge Island Historical Museum, PO Box 11653, 7650 NE High School Rd, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110. Phone 206-842-2773.
- Log Cabin Museum, 416 Sidney Ave, Port Orchard, WA 98366. Phone 360-876-3693.
- Pope and Talbot Historical Museum, PO Box 217, Port Gamble, WA 98366-0217. Phone 360-297-3341.
- Port Gamble Museum, (www.ptgamble.com) PO Box 85, Port Gamble, WA 98364. Phone 360-297-8074. Fax 360-297-7455.
- Kitsap County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Kitsap County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Kitsap County (usgwarchives.net)
Kitsap County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Kitsap County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Kitsap County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Kitsap County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 614 Division St., Port Orchard WA 98366-4614
- Courthouse hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Kitsap County Auditor
- Birth and Death Records: 1891 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1860
- Land Records: 1857
- Kitsap County Clerk
- Court Records: 1861
- Probate Records: 1888
Kitsap County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Kitsap County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Kitsap County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.