Kittitas County, Washington
Kittitas County was founded on November 24, 1883 from Yakima County.
Kittitas County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Kittitas County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Kittitas County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Kittitas County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- State Archives Central Branch Bledsoe & Washington Archives Building, Central Washington University, 400 E. University Way, Mail Stop 7547, Ellensburg, Washington 98926-7547. Phone: 509-963-2136. Research Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon and 1:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Kittitas County Genealogical Society, PO Box 1342, 413 N Main, Suite I, Ellensburg, WA 98926-1342. Membership available. Operates Kittitas County Genealogical Society Library. Collection includes an obituary file. Has genealogical reference books for sale.
- Northern Kittitas County Genealogical Society, PO Box 535, Cle Elum, WA 98922.
- Cle Elum Historical Society, 202 Reed St, Cle Elum, WA 98922. Phone:(509) 674-5882
- Roslyn Historical Museum Society, PO Box 281, Roslyn, WA 98941. 509-649-2355
- Ellensburg Public Library, 209 N Ruby St, Ellensburg, WA 98926-3338. Phone 509-962-7250. Collection includes non-cataloged oral history cassettes and transcripts, photographs, some local families’ papers, local women’s club’s records. Has index of local newspapers, microfilmed water rights records, Sanborn maps and school annuals.
- Family History Center Ellensburg, 1700 Brick Rd, Ellensburg, WA. Phone 509-925-5192.
- Kittitas County Historical Museum, 114 E 3rd Ave, PO Box 265, Ellensburg, WA 98926. Phone 509-925-3778. Collections include non-cataloged photographs, Rollinger Brothers petrified wood collection, early business displays, pioneer kitchen and Indian artifacts
- Kittitas County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Kittitas County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Kittitas County (usgwarchives.net)
Kittitas County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Kittitas County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Kittitas County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Kittitas County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 205 W 5th Ave, Ellensburg WA 98926-2887
- Courthouse hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Kittitas County Auditor
- Birth and Death Records: 1872 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1882
- Land Records: 1882
- Kittitas County Clerk
- Court Records: 1884
- Probate Records: 1884
Kittitas County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Kittitas County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Kittitas County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.