Spokane County, Washington
Spokane County was founded on January 29, 1858 from part of Walla WaIla County.
Spokane County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Spokane County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Spokane County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Spokane County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives, 960 Washington Street, Cheney, Washington 99004; Telephone: (509)235-7508. On the campus of Eastern Washington University in Cheney
- Eastern Washington Genealogical Society, PO Box 1826, Spokane, WA 99210-1826.
- Inland Empire Railway Historical Society, PO Box 3950, Spokane, WA 99220. Phone 509-982-2389.
- Rockford Historical Society, PO Box 107, Rockford, WA 99030.
- Southeast Spokane County Historical Society & Museum, PO Box 426, E 300 Main St, Fairfield, WA 99012. Phone 509-283-2193.
- Spokesman-Review Newspaper, Reference Library, PO Box 2160, Spokane, WA 99210-2160. Phone 509-459-5468.
- Spokane County Library, 4322 N Argonne Rd, Spokane, WA 99212-1853. Phone 59-924-4122.
- Spokane Public Library, 906 W Main Ave, Spokane, WA 99201-0976. Phone 509-444-5300. EWGS Holdings are here at the Spokane Public Library
- Spokane East Family History Center, E 13608 40th Ave, Spokane, WA. Phone 509-926-0551.
- Spokane Family History Center, 1717 E 30th Ave, Spokane, WA. Phone 509-455-7164.
- Spokane North Family History Center, 401 West Regina, Spokane, WA. Phone 509-466-4633.
- Spokane West Family History Center, 10405 West Melville Road, Cheney, WA. Phone 509-455-9735.
- Spokane County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Spokane County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Spokane County (usgwarchives.net)
Spokane County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Spokane County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Spokane County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Spokane County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 1116 West Broadway Avenue, Spokane WA 99260-0100
- Courthouse hours: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- Spokane County Auditor
- Birth and Death Records: 1882 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1880
- Land Records: 1879
- Spokane County Clerk
- Court Records: 1880
- Probate Records: 1878
Spokane County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Spokane County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Spokane County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.