Walla Walla County, Washington
Walla Walla County was founded on April 25, 1854 from Skamania County.
Walla Walla County vital records can be found at the Washington Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Washington for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Walla Walla County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Washington Birth or Death Certificate and Marriage or Divorce Certificate Applications to mail.
Walla Walla County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in researching your family tree. Federal government Population Schedules exist for 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Walla Walla Co. Mortality Schedules can be acquired for 1870 and 1880. Walla Walla Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be found for 1870 and 1880. Walla Walla Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You’ll find free down loadable in addition to printable census forms that can help with your research.
Walla Walla County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Walla Walla County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Washington State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Washington State Archives, Eastern Washington Regional Archives, 960 Washington Street, Cheney, Washington 99004; Telephone: (509)235-7508. On the campus of Eastern Washington University in Cheney
- Walla Walla Valley Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 115, Walla Walla, Washington 99362-0115
- Walla Walla County, Washington Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Walla Walla County, Washington Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Washington State Digital Archives (digitalarchives.wa.gov)
- USGenWeb Archives for Walla Walla County (usgwarchives.net)
Walla Walla County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often forget the benefits of Walla Walla County court, probate, and land files as a source of genealogy information and facts. Buried away in Washington courthouses and archives everywhere tend to be the desires and frustrations of countless Washington men and women.
The possibilities are great that your ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least a few factors of their lives in the Walla Walla County court records. Even if your forebears is not discussed in a Court case, contemplate all of the other methods which could have lead to her or him appearing in court records.
The dates pointed out below could be the first noted records for this particular county.
- Walla Walla County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 315 W Main St, Walla Walla WA 99362
- Courthouse hours: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Walla Walla County Auditor
- Birth and Death Records: 1883 to 1907
- Marriage Records: 1862
- Land Records: 1859
- Walla Walla County Clerk
- Court Records: 1859
- Probate Records: 1860
Walla Walla County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Walla Walla County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Commercial Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to present your own favorite Walla Walla County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.