Park County, Wyoming
Park County was established on February 15, 1909 (organized 1911) from Big Horn County.
Cities and towns located in Park County consists of Cody, Powell, Frannie, Meeteetse.
Park County vital records can be found at the Wyoming Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Wyoming for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Park County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Wyomong Birth Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
You will discover free downloadable and also printable census forms to help with your research.
Park County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Park County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Wyoming State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Park County Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 3056, Cody WY, 82414
- Park County Historical Society, 1002 Sheridan Ave, Cody, WY 82414; (307) 587-2258
- Powell Valley Genealogical Club, P.O. Box 184, 830 North Day, Powell, WY 82435
- Park County, Wyoming Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Park County, Wyoming Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Park County (usgwarchives.net)
Park County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers typically overlook the value of Park County court, probate, and land records as a useful resource of genealogy and family history details. Buried away in Wyoming courthouses and archives just about everywhere could be the aspirations and frustrations of countless Wyoming inhabitants. The possibilities are very good that your particular ancestors and forefathers have left a in-depth record of at least some facets of their lives in the Park County court records. Even if your ancestors is not mentioned in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures which could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
The below information and facts denotes what birth, death, marriage, property, probate, and legal records are typically in Park County. The years suggested below tend to be the first recognized records data in this county.
- Park County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 1002 Sheridan Ave, Cody, WY 82414
- Phone: (800) 786-2844
- Park County Clerk & Recorder’s Office
- Marriage Records: 1911
- Land Records: 1911
- Park County Clerk of District Court
- Probate Records: 1911
- Court Records: 1911
Park County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources related to Park County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a payment. This is simply a directory that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to submit your own most liked Park County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.