Nevada County, Arkansas
Genealogy, History & Facts
Nevada County, Arkansas Facts
When was Nevada County, AR Created?
Nevada County was established on March 20, 1871 and was formed from Hempstead County, Columbia County and Ouachita County, Nevada. Other county boundry changes occured when Line with Columbia defined 19 April 1873.
What is the County Seat of Nevada County, AR?
The County Seat is located in Prescott (the first county seat was Mount Moriah, in 1877, the county seat moved to Rosston and then Prescott.) and in addition the county government website is www.arcounties.org/
Nevada County, AR Vital Records
Where can find Nevada County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Nevada County vital records can be found at the Arkansas Deptartment of Health has Birth & Death records since February 1, 1914, Marriage Records since January 1917 and Divorce Records since January 1923. You may go to the Nevada County health department to obtain a Birth or Death certificates which can be issued while you wait. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Arkansas for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Nevada County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for copies of Nevada Co. Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Divorce Certificates, Death Certificates to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Arkansas Marriage Project
- Arkansas Births and Christenings, 1880-1893
- Arkansas Marriages, 1837-1944
- Arkansas Divorce Index, 1923-1939
- Arkansas, County Marriages Index, 1837-1957
- Arkansas Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages to 1850
- Arkansas Marriages, 1779-1992
- Arkansas, Marriage Index, 1933-1939
- Arkansas Marriages, 1820-1949
- Arkansas Marriages, 1851-1900
- Arkansas Death Index, 1914-1950
Nevada County, AR Census Records
What Ashley County, AR census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Ashley County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940.
What Nevada County, AR census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Nevada County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930 and 1940.
Nevada Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1880. Nevada Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1880. Nevada Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. You’ll find free online and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Arkansas Census Records Research Guide
Nevada County, AR Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Nevada County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Nevada County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Arkansas courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Arkansas residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Nevada County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Arkansas Corthouse Records Research Guide.
All County Offices Records are located in the Courthouse at 215 E. 2nd Street, Prescott 71857; 870-887-3115, unless otherwise noted.
- Nevada County Clerk of Circuit Court
- Phone: (870) 887-2511
- Court Records: 1871
- Land Records: 1871
- Nevada County Clerk
- Phone: (870) 887-2710
- Marriage Records: 1871
- Probate Records: 1871
- BLM Land Records
Nevada County, AR Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Nevada County, AR?
A list of Nevada County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Arkansas Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Nevada County Depot and Museum, 403 West First Street South (location address), P.O. Box 592 (mailing address), Prescott, AR 71857; 870-887-5821
- Arkansas History Commission, One Capitol Mall, Little Rock, AR 72201; 501.682.6900
- Arkansas Genealogical Society, 1411 Shady Grove Road, P.O. Box 908, Hot Springs, AR 71902-0908
- Arkansas Historical Association, 416 Old Main, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701; 479-575-5884
Where can I connect with other Nevada County, AR Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Arkansas Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Arkansas State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Nevada County, Arkansas Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Nevada County
- Nevada County, Arkansas Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Nevada County, AR?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Nevada County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is merely a list which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.