Adams County, Colorado
Genealogy, History & Facts
Adams County, Colorado Facts
When was Adams County, CO Created?
Adams County was established on April 15, 1901 from Arapahoe County.
What counties are adjacent to Adams County, CO?
Bordering Counties are Weld County, Morgan County, Washington County, Arapahoe County, City & County of Denver, Jefferson County, City & County of Broomfield.
Adams County, CO Vital Records
Where can find Adams County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Adams County vital records can be found at the Colorado Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Colorado for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Adams County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Colorado Birth Certificate, Marriage Verification, Divorce Verification, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Adams County, CO Census Records
What Adams County, CO census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Adams County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Adams County, CO Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Adams County, CO?
A list of Adams County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Colorado Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Colorado Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Colorado State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Adams County Historical Society, 9601 Henderson Rd, Brighton, CO 80601; Phone:(303) 659-7103
- Aurora Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 31732, Aurora, CO 80041-0732
- Aurora Historical Society, 1629 Galena St, Aurora, Colorado 80010-2220
- Brighton Genealogy Society, 343 S. 21st Street, Brighton CO 80601-2525
- Colorado Cornish Cousins, 7385 Dover St, Arvada, CO 80005-4258
- Adams County, Colorado Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Adams County, Colorado Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Adams County (usgwarchives.net)
Adams County, CO Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Adams County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Adams County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Colorado courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Colorado residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Adams County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Colorado Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Adams County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 450 S 4th Avenue, Brighton, CO 80901-3196
- Phone: (303) 654-6020
- Adams County Clerk & Recorder
- Marriage Records: 1902
- Land Records: 1902
- Adams County Clerk of Courts
- Probate Records: 1902
- Court Records: 1902
- Tri-County Health Department
- Phone: (303) 220-9200
- Birth / Death Records: 1902–06
Where can I connect with other Adams County, CO Researchers through message boards and forums?
What other genealogical resources are available in Adams County, CO?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Adams County.