Collier County, Florida
Genealogy, History & Facts
Collier County, Florida Facts
When was Collier County, FL Created?
Collier County was created on May 8, 1923 from Lee County.
Collier County, FL Vital Records
Where can find Collier County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Collier County vital records can be found at the Florida Office of Vital Records which has copies of Birth & Deaths reported 1917 to present and Divorce & Marriages since June 6, 1927. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Florida for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Collier County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Florida Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Florida Marriage Project
- Florida Marriage Collection, 1822-1875 and 1927-2001
- Florida Divorce Index, 1927-2001
- Florida Marriages, 1822-1850
- Florida Marriages, 1830-1993
- Florida Marriages, 1837-1974
- Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
- Florida Deaths and Burials, 1900-1921
- Florida Deaths, 1877-1939
Collier County, FL Census Records
What Collier County, FL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Collier County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1930, 1940.
There are Florida State censuses from 1867, 1875, 1885, 1935, 1945. You can get free downloadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Florida Census Records Research Guide
Collier County, FL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Collier County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Collier County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Florida courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Florida residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Collier County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Florida Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Collier County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: P.O. Box 413044, Naples, FL 34101-3044 or 3315 Tamiami Trail East, Suite 102, Naples, FL 34112-5324
- Collier County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk
- Phone: (239) 252-2646
- Marriage Records: 1923
- Land Records: 1923
- Probate Records: 1923
- Court Records: 1923
- Florida Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Collier County, FL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Collier County, FL?
A list of Collier County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Florida Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Collier County Historical Society, 137 Twelfth Ave. South, Naples, FL 33940
- Collier County Genealogical Society of , P. O. Box 7933, Naples, FL 33941-7933
- Golden Gate-Naples Genealogical Society, 1689 Bonita Court, Naples, FL 33962
- Collier County Museum and Archives, 3301 E. Tamiami Trail, East Naples, FL 33942; 941-774-8476
- Florida Dept of State Div of Library & Bureau of Archives & Records Management, 500 S. Bronough St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
- Florida State Genealogical Society, PO Box 10249, Tallahassee, FL 32302-2249
- Florida Historical Society 1320 Highland Ave, Melbourne, FL 32935
Where can I connect with other Collier County, FL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Florida Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Florida State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Collier County, Florida Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Collier County, Florida Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Collier County, FL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Collier County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is just a directory which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.