St. Lucie County, Florida
Genealogy, History & Facts
St. Lucie County, Florida Facts
What cities and towns are in St. Lucie County, FL?
Cities and towns located in the County include Fort Pierce, Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie.
St. Lucie County, FL Vital Records
Where can find St. Lucie County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
St. Lucie County vital records can be found at the Florida Office of Vital Records which has copies of Birth & Deaths reported 1917 to present and Divorce & Marriages since June 6, 1927. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Florida for current fees and application process.
You can search online for St. Lucie County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Florida Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Vital Records can also be found in the
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Florida Marriage Project
- Florida Marriage Collection, 1822-1875 and 1927-2001
- Florida Divorce Index, 1927-2001
- Florida Marriages, 1822-1850
- Florida Marriages, 1830-1993
- Florida Marriages, 1837-1974
- Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
- Florida Deaths and Burials, 1900-1921
- Florida Deaths, 1877-1939
St. Lucie County, FL Census Records
What St. Lucie County, FL census records are available?
There are many types of census records for St. Lucie County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
There are Florida State censuses from 1867, 1875, 1885, 1935, 1945. You can get free downloadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Florida Census Records Research Guide
St. Lucie County, FL Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the St. Lucie County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in St. Lucie County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Florida Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- St. Lucie County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 201 South Indian River Drive, Fort Pierce, FL 34950
- St. Lucie County Clerk of the Circuit Court / County Clerk is custodian of all records of all predecessor courts, whether justice of the peace, city, county, probate, civil, or criminal.
- Phone: (772) 462-6900
- Marriage Records: 1905
- Land Records: 1905
- Probate Records: 1905
- Court Records: 1905
- St. Lucie County Tax Collector collects all real estate taxes including postponed and delinquent, all county revenues in addition to the research and issue tax deed applications. Our department is the holder of tax records and assessed values.
- St. Lucie County Health Department has copies of Birth & Death certificates. Also has computer access from 1917 to present for birth records for the entire state as well as births that occurred in this county.
- Florida Land Records
- BLM Land Records
St. Lucie County, FL Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for St. Lucie County, FL?
A list of St. Lucie County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Florida Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- St. Lucie Historical Society, 414 Seaway Drive, St. Lucie, FL 34949
- Florida Dept of State Div of Library & Bureau of Archives & Records Management, 500 S. Bronough St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
- Florida State Genealogical Society, PO Box 10249, Tallahassee, FL 32302-2249
- Florida Historical Society 1320 Highland Ave, Melbourne, FL 32935
Where can I connect with other St. Lucie County, FL Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Florida State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- St. Lucie County, Florida Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- St. Lucie County, Florida Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in St. Lucie County, FL?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to St. Lucie County. A lot of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a fee. This is just a directory which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site over another.