Ben Hill County, Georgia
Genealogy, History & Facts
Ben Hill County, Georgia Facts
Ben Hill County, GA Vital Records
Where can find Ben Hill County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Ben Hill County vital records can be found at the Georgia Department of Health which has copies for copies of birth and death records since Jan 1919, copies of marriage since June 9, 1952 to 1996 and a Divorce records index since June 9, 1952. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Georgia for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Ben Hill County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also order Order Electronically Online or you can download an application for copies of Ben Hill Co. Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate or Death Certificates to mail.
The Ben Hill County Health Department can issue Birth, Marriage and Death certificates while you wait. Contact the Clerk of Superior Court for Divorce Records and the Probate Judge for Marriage Records.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Georgia Marriage Project
- Georgia, Births and Christenings, 1754-1960
- Marriage Records from Microfilm
- Georgia Marriages, 1699-1944
- Georgia Marriages to 1850
- Georgia Marriages, 1851-1900
- Georgia, Marriages, 1808-1967
- Georgia Death Certificates, 1919-1927
- Georgia Non-Indexed Death Certificates, 1928-1930
- Georgia Deaths, 1914-1927
- Georgia Deaths, 1928-1930
- Georgia, Death Index, 1933-1998
- Georgia Deaths, 1919-98
- Georgia, Deaths Index, 1914-1927
Ben Hill County, GA Census Records
What Ben Hill County, GA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Ben Hill County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Ben Hill County, GA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Ben Hill County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Ben Hill County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Georgia courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Georgia residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Ben Hill County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Georgia Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Ben Hill County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 402 A East Pine Street, Fitzgerald, Georgia, 31750
- Phone: (229) 426-5100
- A Look at the History of Ben Hill Co. Courthouse in Georgia
- Ben Hill County Clerk of Superior Court
- Address: 115 S Sheridan St, Fitzgerald, GA 31750
- Phone: (229) 426-5135
- Land Records: 1906
- Court Records: 1906
- Ben Hill County Clerk of Probate Court
- Phone: (229) 426-5137
- Marriage Records: 1906
- Probate Records: 1906
- Georgia, Wills and Probate Records, 1742-1992
- County Tax Digests
- County Records Microfilm Index
- Inventory of the county archives of Georgia
- BLM Land Records
Ben Hill County, GA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Ben Hill County, GA?
A list of Ben Hill County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Georgia Archives, Genealogical and Historical Societies.
- Southwest Georgia Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 4672, Albany, GA 31706
- Georgia State Archives – 5800 Jonesboro Road, Morrow, GA 30260; 678.364.3700
- Georgia Historical Society, 501 Whitaker Street, Savannah, GA 31401
- Georgia Genealogical Society , P.O. Box 54574, Atlanta, Georgia 30308-0575
Where can I connect with other Ben Hill County, GA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Georgia Genealogy Community (plus.google.com)
- Georgia State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Ben Hill County, Georgia Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Ben Hill County
- Ben Hill County, Georgia Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Ben Hill County, GA?
The following links to Genealogy Resources associated to Ben Hill County. These links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is basically a list that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site above another.