Bannock County, Idaho
Bannock County was established on March 6, 1893 from Bingham County.
Bannock County includes Federal Census Schedules to guide in exploring your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are present for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online and printable census forms to aid with your research.
Bannock County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Bannock County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Idaho State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Bannock County Historical Society / Museum, 3000 Avenue of the Chiefs, Alvord Loop, Pocatello, ID 83204; Telephone: (208) 233-0434
- Pocatello Branch Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 4272, 156 South 6th Avenue, Pocatello ID 83201
- South Bannock County Historical Society, 110 E Main, Lava Hot Springs, Idaho 83246
- Bannock County, Idaho Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Bannock County, Idaho Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Bannock County (usgwarchives.net)
Bannock County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often overlook the great importance of Bannock County court, probate, and land documents as a source of ancestry and genealogy information. Hidden away in Idaho courthouses and archives everywhere are the hopes and dreams and worries of the many Idaho citizens. The chances are great that your potential ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least some aspects of their lives in the Bannock County court records. Even if your forefathers is not brought up in a Court case, consider all of the other methods which could have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
- Bannock County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 624 E Center St, Pocatello, ID 83201
- Phone: (208) 236-7250
- Bannock County Clerks Office
- Probate Records: 1888
- Bannock County Recorders Office
- Marriage Records: 1895
- Land Records: 1880
- Bannock County Sixth District Court Office
- Court Records: 1866
- Idaho Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Idaho for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can downlo
Bannock County Links
The following are links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources associated to Bannock County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is merely a collection which has been collected or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to present your own most liked Bannock County genealogy or family history affiliated sites.