Lincoln County, Minnesota
Genealogy, History & Facts
Lincoln County, Minnesota Facts
When was Lincoln County, MN Created?
Lincoln County was founded on November 4, 1873 from Lyon County.
Lincoln County, MN Vital Records
Where can find Lincoln County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Lincoln County vital records can be found at the Minnesota Office of Vital Records which has copies of birth resords from 1900 and death records from 1908. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Minnesota for current fees and application process.
You can search online for Lincoln County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Minnesota Birth Certificate and Death Certificates Applications to mail.
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- Minnesota, Births and Christenings Index, 1840-1980
- Minnesota, County Birth Records, 1863-1983
- Minnesota Birth Index, 1935-2002
- Minnesota, Marriages Index, 1849-1950
- Minnesota, Divorce Index, 1970-1995
- Minnesota, Death Index, 1908-2002
- Minnesota, Deaths and Burials, 1835-1990
Lincoln County, MN Census Records
What Lincoln County, MN census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Lincoln County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Lincoln Co. territorial and state censuses exist for the years 1849-1905.. There is free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Minnesota Census Records Research Guide
Lincoln County, MN Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Lincoln County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Lincoln County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Minnesota courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Minnesota residents.
The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Lincoln County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Minnesota Corthouse Records Research Guide.
- Lincoln County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 319 N. Rebecca, Ivanhoe , MN 56142
- Phone: (507) 694-1355
- Lincoln County Recorder
- Birth / Death Records: 1879
- Marriage Records: 1879
- Land Records: 1874
- Lincoln County Court Administrator
- Probate Records: 1878
- Court Records: 1880
- Minnesota, Will Records, 1849-1985
- Minnesota Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Lincoln County, MN Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Lincoln County, MN?
A list of Lincoln County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Minnesota Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Lincoln County Historical Society, 406 Brooks St, Hendricks MN 56136
- Lake Benton Area Historical Society, PO Box 267, 108 South Center Street, Lake Benton MN, Phone: 507 368-4480
- Southwest Minnesota Historical Center, Social Science 141, Southwest Minnesota State University, 1501 State Street, Marshall, MN 56258; (507) 537-7373
- Minnesota State Archives, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 • 651-259-3260
- Minnesota Genealogical Society, 1185 Concord St. N. Suite 218, South St. Paul, MN 55075-1187
- Minnesota Historical Society, 345 W. Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102-1906 . 651-259-3000
Where can I connect with other Lincoln County, MN Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Minnesota Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- Minnesota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Lincoln County, Minnesota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Lincoln County, Minnesota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Lincoln County, MN?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Lincoln County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is simply a list which has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.