Red Willow County, Nebraska
Red Willow County was founded on February 27, 1873 from Unorganized area of the Nebraska Territory.
Red Willow County has Federal Census Schedules to assist in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules exist for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940. Mortality Schedules are available for 1880 . Industry and Agriculture Schedules exist for 1880 . The Union Veterans Schedules is available for 1890. There are free downloadable and printable census forms to help with your research.
Red Willow County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Red Willow County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Nebraska State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- High Plains Historical Society, 413 Norris Ave, Mc Cook, NE 69001-2003; Phone (308) 345-3661
- Red Willow County, Nebraska Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Red Willow County, Nebraska Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Red Willow County (usgwarchives.net)
Red Willow County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers often fail to notice the great importance of Red Willow County court, probate, and land records as a resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in Nebraska courthouses and archives just about everywhere could be the aspirations and frustrations of the many Nebraska citizens. The chances are excellent that your particular ancestors have left a in-depth record of at least quite a few facets of their lives in the Red Willow County court records. Even if your forefathers is not referred to in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which could have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
- Red Willow County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 502 Norris Ave, McCook, NE 69001
- Phone: (308) 345-1552
- Red Willow County Clerk
- Marriage Records: 1873
- Red Willow County Register of Deeds
- Land Records: 1879
- Red Willow Clerk of Courts
- Probate Records: 1873
- Court Records: 1873
- Nebraska Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Nebraska for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
Red Willow County Links
The following are web links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relating to Red Willow County. A majority of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Professional Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a fee. This is merely a list that has been gathered or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another. Feel free to submit your own preferred Red Willow County genealogy or family history related sites.