Golden Valley County, North Dakota
Golden Valley County was established on November 19, 1912 from Billings County.
Townships include Beach, Bullion, Delhi, Elk Creek, Elmwood, Golva, Henry, Lone Tree, Pearl, Saddle Butte, Sentinel, Trotters.
Golden Valley County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in looking into your family tree. Government Population Schedules are available for 1920, 1930, 1940. There are free online in addition to printable census forms to assist with your research.
Golden Valley County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Golden Valley County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Golden Valley County Historical Society, P. O. Box 384, Beach, ND 58621-0384, 701-872-4987
- Golden Valley County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Golden Valley County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Golden Valley County (usgwarchives.net)
Golden Valley County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Golden Valley County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Golden Valley County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Golden Valley County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 150 1st Ave SW, Beach, ND 58621
- Phone: (701) 872-3713
- Golden Valley County Register of Deeds / Recorder
- Land Records: 1912
- Golden Valley County Clerk of Courts
- Marriage Records: 1912
- Probate Records: 1912
- Court Records: 1912
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Golden Valley County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Golden Valley County. Feel free to provide your own favorite Golden Valley County genealogy or family history related sites.