Oliver County, North Dakota
Oliver County was established on March 12, 1885 from Mercer County.
The Oliver County Seat is situated in Center and the county government website is unknown
Townships include Center.
Oliver County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Oliver County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Oliver County Historical Society, P. O. Box 344, Center, ND 58530
- Oliver County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Oliver County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Oliver County (usgwarchives.net)
Oliver County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Oliver County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Oliver County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Oliver County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 205 2nd Ave NW, Mandan, ND 58554
- Phone: (701) 794-8777
- Oliver County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents; keeping a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership.
- Marriage Records: 1885
- Land Records: 1885
- Probate Records: 1885
- Court Records: 1885
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Oliver County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Oliver County. Feel free to provide your own favorite Oliver County genealogy or family history related sites.