Sargent County, North Dakota
Sargent County was established on March 03, 1883 from Ransom County.
The Sargent County Seat is situated in Forman and the county government website is unknown
Townships include Bowen, Brampton, Crete, Denver, Dunbar, Forman, Gwinner, Hall, Harlem, Herman, Jackson, Kingston, Marboe, Milnor, Ransom, Rutland, Sargent, Shuman, Southwest, Tewaukon, Verner, Vivian, Weber, Whitestone Hill, Willey.
Sargent County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Sargent County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Sargent County Historical Society, 13443 88th St. SE , 8987 Hwy 32, Forman, ND 58032, 701-724-3194, 701-724-3720, or 701-680-1633
- Sargent County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Sargent County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Sargent County (usgwarchives.net)
Sargent County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Sargent County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Sargent County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Sargent County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 355 Main St SW, Forman, ND 58032
- Phone: (701) 724-6241
- Sargent County Register of Deeds / Recorder / Clerk of Courts responsibilities include issuing Marriage Licenses and filing of Civil, Probate, Small Claims, Criminal Cases and Child Support Court Documents; keeping a record of each patent, deed, mortgage, bill of sale and any document related to these transactions, insuring a permanent record of property ownership.
- Marriage Records: 1886
- Land Records: 1883
- Probate Records: 1883
- Court Records: 1883
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Sargent County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Sargent County. Feel free to provide your own favorite Sargent County genealogy or family history related sites.