Stark County, North Dakota
Stark County was established on February 10, 1879 (organized in 1883) from Dakota Territory.
The Stark County Seat is situated in Dickinson and the county government website is unknown
Stark County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in looking into your family tree. Government Population Schedules are available for 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Stark Co. Stark Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1880. Stark Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules is available for 1880. Stark Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. There are free online in addition to printable census forms to assist with your research.
Stark County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Stark County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- North Dakota State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Dakota Dinosaur Museum, 200 East Museum Drive, Dickinson, ND 58601, 701-225-3466
- Dickinson Museum Center, 188 East Museum Drive, Dickinson, ND 58601, 701-456-6225
- Stark County Historical Society, P. O. Box 146, Dickinson, ND 58602-0146, 701-456-6225
- Ukrainian Cultural Institute, 1221 Villard St. W., Dickinson, ND 58601, 701-483-1486
- Stark County, North Dakota Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Stark County, North Dakota Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Stark County (usgwarchives.net)
Stark County Courthouse and Government Records
Genealogist often overlook the value of Stark County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of family history and genealogy information. Buried away in North Dakota courthouses and archives just about everywhere are often the aspirations and worries of countless North Dakota residents. The odds are excellent that your chosen ancestors and forefathers have left a detailed record of at least some elements of their lives in the Stark County court records. Even if your forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, give some thought to all of the other procedures which may have lead to her or him showing up in court records.
- Stark County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 51 3rd St E, Dickinson, ND 58601
- Phone: (701) 227-3184
- Stark County Register of Deeds / Recorder
- Land Records: 1873
- Stark County Clerk of Courts
- Marriage Records: 1887
- Probate Records: 1873
- Court Records: 1873
- North Dakota Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, marriage, divorce and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in North Dakota for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
- Ordering Vital Records – You can also order Order Electronically Online or You can download an application for North Dakota Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications. Certified copies of marriage records must be issued by the county where the license was originally filed. Copies of divorce records can only be obtained from the county clerk or recorder in the county in which the divorce filed.
Stark County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources relevant to Stark ounty. Feel free to provide your own favorite Stark County genealogy or family history related sites.