Roger Mills County, Oklahoma
Genealogy, History & Facts
Roger Mills County, Oklahoma Facts
When was Roger Mills County, OK Created?
Roger Mills County was established on April 19, 1892 from Cheyenne & Arapaho lands.
Roger Mills County, OK Vital Records
Where can find Roger Mills County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Roger Mills County vital records can be found at the Oklahoma Office of Vital Records has copies of birth, and death records since October 1908. County marriage and divorce records are located in the local Clerk of Courts officeThere is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Oklahoma for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Roger Mills County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Oklahoma Birth Certificate or Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Roger Mills County, OK Census Records
What Roger Mills County, OK census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Roger Mills County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Another census resource is the Oklahoma Territorial Census, 1890 and 1907. You will discover free online in addition to printable census forms that can help with your research. See Also Oklahoma Census Records Research Guide.
Roger Mills County, OK Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Roger Mills County Courthouse?
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Roger Mills County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Oklahoma courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Oklahoma residents. The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Roger Mills County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records. See Also Oklahoma Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Roger Mills County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 506 East Bdwy, Cheyenne, OK 73628
- Phone: (580) 497-3365
- Roger Mills County Clerk’s Office
- Birth / Death Records: 1908
- Land Records: 1892
- Roger Mills County Court Clerk’s Office
- Marriage Records: 1893
- Probate Records: 1907
- Court Records: 1894
- Oklahoma, Applications for Allotment, Five Civilized Tribes, 1899-1907
- BLM Land Records
Roger Mills County, OK Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Roger Mills County, OK?
A list of Roger Mills County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Oklahoma Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Roger Mills USGenWeb (okgenweb.org)
- Oklahoma Department of Libraries, Division of State Archives and Records, 200 N.E. 18th Street, Oklahoma City, OK 75105
- Oklahoma Historical Society, Oklahoma History Center, 800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73105
- Oklahoma Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 12986, Oklahoma City 73157-2986
Where can I connect with other Roger Mills County, OK Researchers through message boards and forums?
- Oklahoma State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Roger Mills County, Oklahoma Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Roger Mills County, Oklahoma Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Roger Mills County, OK?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Roger Mills County.