Crook County, Oregon
Crook County was founded on October 24, 1882 from Wasco County.
Crook County Societies and Family History Resources
A list of Crook County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Crook County Genealogical Society, 246 N. Main St., Prineville, OR 97754; (541) 447-3715 Bowman Museum, (541) 447-5449 Librarian
- Oregon State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Crook County USGenWeb Archives Project (usgwarchives.net)
- Crook County, Oregon Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Crook County, Oregon Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- Oregon Historical County Records Guide (arcweb.sos.state.or.us)
Crook County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers frequently overlook the great importance of Crook County court, probate, and land records data as a useful resource of ancestry and genealogy information. Buried away in Oregon courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Oregon residents. The possibilities are excellent that your forefathers have left a comprehensive document of at least a number of facets of their lives in the Crook County court records. Even if your forebears is not referred to in a Court case, contemplate all of the other procedures that could have lead to him or her to appear in court records.
The below specifics indicates whatever death, marriage, birth,, land, probate, and court records are typically in Crook County. The dates stated below are considered the first noted records data for this county.
Crook County Links
The following are links to Family history and genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Crook County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Personal Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a cost. This is just a list that has been gathered or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to suggest your own most popular Crook County genealogy or family history related sites.