Montour County, Pennsylvania
Genealogy, History & Facts
Montour County, Pennsylvania Facts
When was Montour County, PA Created?
Montour County was established on May 3, 1850 from Columbia County.
Montour County, PA Vital Records
Where can find Montour County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Montour County vital records can be found at the Pennsylvania Office of Vital Records has copies of birth and death records since 1906 and death records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Pennsylvania for current fees and application process. Birth, marriage, and death records are connected with central life events.
You can search online for Montour County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Pennsylvania Birth Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail. Walk-in service is available at any of these six public offices: Erie, Harrisburg, New Castle, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh or Scranton.
- Marriage records of Columbia & Montour Counties
- U.S., Social Security Applications and Claims Index, 1936-2007
- Social Security Death Index
- USGenweb Archives Pennsylvania Marriage Project
- Pennsylvania, Death Certificates, 1906-1924
- Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985
- Pennsylvania Vital Records, Vol. I, Vol. II, Vol. III
- Pennsylvania, Births and Christenings, 1709-1950
- Pennsylvania, Births, 1852-1854
- Pennsylvania Marriages to 1790
- Pennsylvania, Marriages, 1709-1940
- Pennsylvania, Marriages, 1852-1854
- Pennsylvania County Marriages, 1885 – 1950
- Pennsylvania, Records of Marriages, 1885-1889
- Pennsylvania Marriages to 1810
- Pennsylvania, Marriage Records, 1700-1821
- Pennsylvania, Lutheran Baptisms and Marriages
- Pennsylvania, Deaths, 1852-1854
- Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915
- Pennsylvania, Order Sons of Italy in America, Enrollment and Death Benefit Records, 1910-1968
Montour County, PA Census Records
What Montour County, PA census records are available?
There are many types of census records for Montour County guide you in researching your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880 (free index), 1890 (fragment), 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Montour Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Montour Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Montour Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be found for 1890. You can find free down-loadable and also printable census forms to help you with your research. See Also Pennsylvania Census Records Research Guide
Montour County, PA Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Montour County Courthouse?
The below facts shows exactly what death, marriage, birth, property, wills, and court records are typically in Montour County. The years listed below are the first noted records with this county. See Also Pennsylvania Courthouse Records Research Guide.
- Montour County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 29 Mill Street, Danville, PA 17821
- Phone: (570) 271-3010
- Montour County Recorder of Deeds
- Phone: 570-271-3012
- Land Records: 1850
- Montour County Prothonotary / Clerk of Courts
- Phone: 570-271-3010
- Court & Divorce Records: 1850
- Montour County Register of Wills/ Orphan’s Court Clerk
- Phone: 570-271-3012
- Marriage & Probate Records: 1850
- Birth & Death Records: before Jan 1906
- Pennsylvania, Wills and Probate Records, 1683-1993
- Early Pennsylvania Land Records
- BLM Land Records
Montour County, PA Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Montour County, PA?
A list of Montour County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives. See also list of Statewide Pennsylvania Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies.
- Pennsylvania Archives – Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission (fold3.com)
- Montour County Genealogical Society, 205 Ferry St., Danville, PA 17821 (570) 275-6177
- Montour County Historical Society, P. O. Box 8, Danville, PA 17821
- The Pennsylvania Archives Online
- Pennsylvania State Archives, 350 North Street, Harrisburg, PA 17120; Phone:(717) 783-3281
- Genealogical Society Of Pennsylvania, 2207 Chestnut Street Philadelphia, PA 19103; (215) 545-0391
- Historical Society Of Pennsylvania. 1300 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107; Phone: 215-732-6200
- State Library of Pennsylvania, Commonwealth Avenue and Walnut Street, P.O. Box 1601, Harrisburg, PA 17105-1601
Where can I connect with other Montour County, PA Researchers through message boards and forums?
- RAOGK Volunteers for Pennsylvania (raogk.org)
- Pennsylvania Genealogy Network Community (plus.google.com)
- State of Pennsylvania Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Montour County, Pennsylvania Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Montour County, Pennsylvania Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Montour County, PA?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources pertaining to Montour County. Each of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some require a cost. This is basically a listing which has been compiled or submitted. I do not recommend or promote one genealogy site over another.