South Carolina History & Facts
Williamsburg County, South Carolina Facts
When was Williamsburg County, SC Created?
Williamsburg County was established on 1802 from territory of Williamsburg County (non-functioning) in Georgetown Circuit Court District (part of Prince Frederick Parish).
Williamsburg County, SC Vital Records
Where can find Williamsburg County Birth, marriage, Divorce and Death Records?
Williamsburg County vital records can be found at the South Carolina Department of Health has copies of birth records after 1913 and death records after 1930, copies of marriage since Jan 1962 and a Divorce records since 1958. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in South Carolina for current fees and application process.
Williamsburg County Health Department has birth and death records from January 01, 1915. Marriage records prior to 1950 are available from the Probate Court office. Divorce records since April 1949 are available from the County Clerk’s office. There were no South Carolina birth or Death “certificates” before January 01, 1915
You can search online for Williamsburg County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for South Carolina Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage and Divorce Certificate Application to mail.
Williamsburg County, SC Census Records
What Williamsburg County, SC census records are available?
County census records consists of Federal Census Schedules to aid in finding out about your family tree. Federal Population Schedules are available for 1790-1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Williamsburg Co. Slave Schedules can be acquired for 1850 & 1860. Williamsburg Co. Mortality Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Williamsburg Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be obtained for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Williamsburg Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be acquired for 1890. One can find free downloadable not to mention printable census forms to help you with your research.
Williamsburg County, SC Courthouse and Government Records
What genealogical records can I find in the Williamsburg County Courthouse?
- Williamsburg County Courthouse (all departments listed below are located here, unless otherwise noted)
- Address: 125 West Main St., Kingstree, South Carolina 29556
- Williamsburg County Clerk of Probate Court
- Phone: 843-355-9321 ext. 558
- Marriage Records: 1911
- Probate Records: 1802
- Williamsburg County Clerk of Court / Register of Deeds
- Phone: 843-355-9321 ext. 552
- Land Records: 1806
- Court Records: 1806
- Divorce Records:since April 1949
Williamsburg County, SC Societies and Family History Resources
What genealogical and historical societies, archives, museums, associations and libraries are available for Williamsburg County, SC?
A list of Williamsburg County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Libraries, Archives.
- Williamsburg County Historical Society, 135 Hampton Ave, Kingstree, SC 29556; phone: (843) 355-3306
- Williamsburgh Historical Museum, 135 Hampton Ave, Kingstree, SC 29556; phone: (843) 355-3306
- Three Rivers Historical Society, P.O. Box 811, Hemingway 29554
- USGenWeb Archives for Williamsburg County (usgwarchives.net)
- South Carolina Department of Archives and History, 8301 Parklane Road; Columbia, SC 29223-4905; Tel: (803) 896-6100
- South Carolina State Library, 1500 Senate Street, PO Box 11469; Columbia, South Carolina 29211; Voice: (803) 734-8666
- South Carolina Genealogical Society, P.O. Box 16355, Greenville, SC 29606
- South Carolina Historical Society, 100 Meeting Street, Charleston 29401
- South Carolina Archives, Historical & Genealogical Societies Guide
Where can I connect with other Williamsburg County, SC Researchers through message boards and forums?
- South Carolina State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Williamsburg County, South Carolina Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com) read and post messages about your ancestors in Williamsburg County
- Williamsburg County, South Carolina Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
What other genealogical resources are available in Williamsburg County, SC?
The following are web links to Genealogy, Records and Resources related to Williamsburg County. These genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business oriented Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some have to have a payment. This is just a directory that has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another.