Addison County, Vermont
Addison County vital records from the last five (5) yearscan be found at the Vermont Office of Vital Records. There is a fee for each copy requested. Please refer to the information to the Statewide Vital Records in Vermont for current fees and application process. For Records more than five (5) years ago can be ordered from the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration.
You can search online for Addison County Birth, Marriage, Divorce or Death Records. You can also Order Electronically Online or can download an application for Vermont Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Divorce Certificate, Death Certificate Applications to mail.
Addison County does have Federal Census Schedules to help in exploring your family tree. United states federal Population Schedules are available for 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, 1850, 1860, 1870, 1880, 1890, 1900, 1910, 1920, 1930, 1940.
Addison Co. Mortality Schedules can be found for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Addison Co. Industry and Agriculture Schedules can be acquired for 1850, 1860, 1870 and 1880. Addison Co. Union Veterans Schedules can be obtained for 1890. You can get free down loadable and also printable census forms to assist with your research.
Addison County Society and Family History Resources
A list of Addison County Historical and Genealogical Societies, Forums, Message Boards, Libraries, Archives.
- Vermont State Genealogy Network (facebook.com)
- Addison Town Historical Society, 3968 VT Route 22A, Addison, VT 05491; Phone: (802) 759-2380
- Bridport Historical Society, 3177 Crown Point Road, Bridport, VT 05734; Phone: (802) 758-2654
- Bristol Historical Society, 19 West Street, Bristol, VT 05443; Phone: (802) 453-3439
- Cornwall Historical Society, c/o Town Hall, 2629 VT Route 30, Cornwall, VT 05753 ; Phone: (802) 462-2003
- East Middlebury Historical Society, PO Box 2, East Middlebury, VT 05740
- Ferrisburgh Historical Society, 82 Gilson Lane, North Ferrisburgh, VT 05473
- Henry Sheldon Museum of Vermont History, 1 Park Street, Middlebury, VT 05753; Phone: (802) 388-2117
- Lincoln Historical Society, 88 Quaker Street, Lincoln, VT 05443; Phone: (802) 453-2807
- Monkton Museum & Historical Society, 280 Monkton Ridge, North Ferrisburgh, VT, 05473; Phone: (802) 482-2277
- New Haven Historical Society, 89 North Street, New Haven, VT 05472; Phone: (802) 453-3947
- Orwell Historical Society, PO Box 85, Orwell, VT 05760; Phone: (802) 948-2049
- Ripton Historical Society, P.O. Box 119, Ripton Vt 05766; Phone 802 388-1634; Email
- Salisbury Historical Society, PO Box 40, Salisbury, VT 05769
- Shoreham Historical Society, 91 Doolittle Road, Shoreham, VT 05770; Phone: (802) 897-2572
- Starksboro Historical Society, 2174 Big Hollow Road, Starksboro, VT 05487; Phone: (802) 453-3469
- Vergennes Area History Club, 2970 Lime Kiln Road, New Haven, VT 05472; Phone: (802) 877-3070
- Addison County, Vermont Message Boards (boards.ancestry.com)
- Addison County, Vermont Genealogy Forum (genforum.genealogy.com)
- USGenWeb Archives for Addison County (usgwarchives.net)
Addison County Courthouse and Government Records
Researchers frequently forget about the significance of Addison County court, probate, and land records data as a resource of family history and genealogy information. Hidden away in Vermont courthouses and archives everywhere are the ambitions and frustrations of countless Vermont citizens. The odds are great that your potential ancestors have left a in-depth document of at least quite a few factors of their lives in the Addison County court records. Even if your ancestors and forefathers is not mentioned in a Court case, take into consideration all of the other methods which often can have lead to him or her appearing in court records.
Addison County Links
The following are links to Genealogy and family history, Records and Resources pertaining to Addison County. Most of these genealogy links fall into 3 categories: Business Sites, Private Sites or Organization Sites. Some have free access some call for a cost. This is just a listing which has been collected or submitted. I do not endorse or promote one genealogy site above another. Feel free to submit your own favorite Addison County genealogy or family history associated sites.